French Movie: Chocolat

 CHOCOLAT MOVIE POSTER, IN SPANISH (IMAGE CREDIT: JOVISALA47 - FLICKR)


Ever since I first watched the movie "Chocolat", I've always wanted to have a copy of it. It was a very indulgent movie, with all the chocolate and bonbons Vianne cooked up in her magical chocolaterie. And the costumes! They were very lovely in a toned-down sort of way. I mean, even little Anouk's doll, Pantouf, looked so... French.

And then, there's also The Depp. He played the river gypsy leader and love of Vianne, Roux. I love how Roux adds spice to Vianne's life. Hehe.

But, living in the Southeast Asian country that is the Philippines, it was pretty tough for me to find a DVD of the movie. So, of course, when I went to the US, I just had to buy one. Now, I can watch it whenever I want, and pause for fashion tips, too. Anyway, here are some screen caps from the movie. Note the fabulous costumes please.


 CLOCKWISE (L - R): JULIETTE BINOCHE AS VIANNE ROCHER - TAKE A LOOK AT HER CARDI-DRESS ENSEMBLE; PASSING OUT CHOCOLATES IN STYLE; MORE CUTE FROCKS!

Comments

Popular Posts