Beating Pregnancy Pains

It never occurred to me how much of a roller coaster ride pregnancy would be. Sure, I've heard women complain about some pains, nausea, and of course, labor. But I didn't fully understand them until I got preggy, and experienced the various aches and pains, too.

V and I have been attending Lamaze classes, and those help us prepare for and cope with childbirth. But aside from that, I also have regular chiropractic treatments.

My chiropractic doctor, Dr. Joe Alcantara, is awesome in treating all the misaligned bones in my body. He's a graduate (with honors!) of Palmer College of Chiropractic, and he specializes in treating the following: accident-caused injuries, pregnant women and infant chiropractic. When V and I first had our treatments, we didn't know yet that I was pregnant. So it was a stroke of luck that we found Dr. Alcantara as our chiroprator.

During treatments, Doc Joe adjusts my hip bones, aligns my spine, and lastly, cracks my neck. It sounds a little scary, expecially the neck-cracking part, but really, the pops you'll hear are just the gases escaping from between your bones. Much like when you crack your knuckles. Afterwards, it's just like seeing the world in a brand new light. Haha. Kidding aside, it's like getting a body reset---the pain goes away just like that. Of course, you'll have to mind your posture in order to help maintain your newly-aligned spine.

Doc Joe and his equally awesome therapist wife, Ms. Joan, advise that we hydrate before and after treatments. I think that it helps flush out the toxins and other nasty stuff in the body.

For those who are experiencing back pains---pregnant or not--- I highly recommend that you pay a visit to Doc Joe.


- - -

Dr. Alcantara holds office at:
1706 The Medical Plaza Building,
Amorsolo cor. dela Rosa Streets,
Makati City

Comments

Popular Posts