Baby Checklist!

Last Sunday marks the 29th week of my pregnancy (or 7 months and a week). Wow. Only two more months, and we're off to the hospital! Thinking about D-Day makes me nervous and excited at the same time. Hahah!

Another thing that gets me excited is baby shopping. I'm sure most moms-to-be would agree with me on this, and have probably already started collecting stuff for their little ones.

I, however, haven't begun baby shopping yet. It's actually a good thing that I haven't started buying baby stuff yet, because V and I have been receiving things for Burger. Some of the things we received were:
• Mustela diaper bag with changing mat - we'll be using this as Burger's hospital bag
• Mustela starter products for baby and mom - handy and complete enough to put in the hospital bag! Plus, there's even a diaper cream included!
• Pigeon PP Peristaltic nursing bottle, 5 oz. - this also goes into the hospital bag, just in case
• Pigeon baby wipes (1 large pack, 2 medium packs and 1 trial pack)
• Pigeon 2-in-1 bath soap and lotion sample sachets
• Pigeon Liquid Bottle Cleaner 750 mL refill pack
• Pigeon disposable nursing pads, 1 pair
• EQ Dry disposable newborn diapers, 2 pcs - going into Burger's hospital bag, as well
• EQ baby record book
• Caress maternity pads, 2 pcs - will be putting this into my hospital bag
• Safety 1st Grooming Kit
• Cycles mild laundry detergent and Cradle bottle and nipple cleaner sample sachets

Looking at the list of things we need for the hospital bags, I found out that the only things we need to buy for Burger's bag are the clothes (side-tie shirts or onesies, socks, mitts, bonnet), receiving blanket, bib and some cotton balls and buds. We're probably gonna need more diapers, but at least the first few hours are covered. :)

For my bag, I still need the following: bathrobe, tops with front-opening, some more maternity pads, toiletries, a nursing bra, and the going home outfit. This is easier to prepare, though, since I have most of the items in this list.

Now, for the wishlist! My top 6 baby items are...

1. Unimom Allegro Portable Electric Breast Pump, available at Babymama.ph (Php 3,950 sale price; reg. price is at 5,950) - I'd like to think that I'd be able to properly and sufficiently breastfeed my little Burger from day 1 until a year later. This breast pump has great reviews online, is portable and very budget-friendly compared to other pumps in the market.



2. Simba Diamond Glass nursing bottles - V and I think that glass bottles are safer than plastic ones. This brand is very lightweight, and if I remember correctly, has extremely high heat resistance. I'd like to have about 4 smaller bottles, and 2 big bottles. Or 3 small bottles, and 3 big bottles. You're probably thinking "why would she need bottles if she's breastfeeding?" Well, if I ever get to breastfeed and pump, I'd need bottles to hold my expressed milk during feeding time. So yup, bottles work with breastfeeding, too.



3. Baby Cubes baby food containers, in 1 oz or 2 oz. sizes - Great way to store expressed milk in the freezer! You freeze them by 1 or 2 oz. so you can thaw only what your baby needs. What I love about this is that they are individual containers---therefore, you don't need to take out the whole tray when getting a serving. I'm thinking of getting at least 2 of these (one in 1 oz, and another in 2 oz).



4. First Years Close and Secure Sleeper, available at Cudsly.com (Php 2,800) - Because our place is only about 12 square meters, space is very precious to us. Our current home layout won't fit a crib, or even a bassinet, so this sleeper is just right. It's compact, it folds, it has mesh sides and a nightlight. Also, if I'm planning to breastfeed, this will make things a lot easier when Burger wakes up in the middle of the night wanting to feed.



5. Baby K-tan baby wrap carrier, at SM Department Stores (P2,750) - Again, because we have no storage space at home (hence, no strollers), this would be a great substitute for carrying baby around. It's easy to store in the closet, or to wash when dirty. Plus, it's lightweight, too.

I'd love the Ergobaby carrier, as well, but that is just too pricey for us. Haha. :p



6. Cloth Diapers and bamboo cloth inserts, available at department stores and online (from Php 350 up) - I'm pretty sure I'd be buying a lot of disposable diapers in the future, but it would be nice to have one or two (or more) of these cute cloth diapers, too. You know, in case the disposables run out suddenly, and we can't run to the drugstore. Cloth diapers are also more practical in the long run; it comes in one size, that can fit a newborn or a toddler.

My only worry is that I just don't know if I'd be able to wash the inserts on time, being that we don't have a washing machine (can't have them pilin' up! eek!).

I've read somewhere that Charlie Banana cloth diapers rank high among the cloth diaper moms, because of the durability and the leak protection thing. But I guess other brands would work, too...




Disclaimer: All photos were taken from the internet (Google image search). They are not mine. Credit goes to the owners of these images. 

Comments

Popular Posts