visiting relatives + review: CoBo bubble tea place

Whew!

The relatives from the USA visited, so I was away from the computer most of the time last week. It was actually my first time to tour relatives around, so it was also fun for me. We took my older male cousin to malls, mostly (haha), and he was amused by how the shopping areas here were much more "entertaining" than where he lives. I think my cousin liked Greenhills the most; that's where he got a lot of the stuff that he took home with him yesterday.

So a few hours after we took my cousin to the airport, V and I walked around the neighborhood---along Tomas Morato, to be specific. Upon reaching Gandia Street, we discovered a newly opened bubble tea place, called CoBo. It's right beside Chef's Bistro, another resto that I've been meaning to try since June. Good thing, I brought my camera along, so we were able to take some photos of the new place.



Since it just opened that same day, V and I decided to try it out. The place was reminiscent of some restos in Hong Kong that cater to the younger crowd, with its bright interiors and stickered windows. CoBo offers a plethora of tea-based drinks, as well as snow ice desserts and coffee. They also offered chicken pops as snack, but I think that more options in that category would be better. Perhaps they could offer fried mushrooms, or sandwiches, in the future, so people wouldn't be stuck with just chicken.



V and I shared one drink: the CoBo Milk Tea (P90, 16oz.). As I have a liking for milk tea, I enjoyed this drink a lot. Again, it reminded me of the HK street restos that I so miss. The tapioca pearls were just right, too.



We also tried the CoBo Taiwanese Chicken pops, with the green tea seasoning. I've never tried meat with green tea (and my sister, who just came back from a trip to Xiamen couldn't stop talking about the green tea-marinated pork chop that was served to them), so that got me curious.



For P60, it wasn't bad. There were about 12 pieces of chicken pops. They were tender, although the seasoning was sparse. I'd come back to try the other flavors (Mexican and Salt & Pepper).



I think CoBo would become an instant hangout for the younger crowd (for group studying in the day, and after parties at night), but I think they'd need a bit more stuff in their menu. Plus, I think if CoBo would offer free wifi, they'd attract a lot more people, too. Overall, though, I like this new bubble tea place, and I'd give CoBo 4/5 Eiffel Towers. :)

Comments

Popular Posts