Thursday Treat

In between finishing the invites for my friend and figuring out how to run the cutting machine and my actual work, I also keep it a point to give my 95-year old lola her daily merienda (that's snack, in Filipino) at around 3pm every day. That is, whenever I'm at home. And, having been exposed to very creative and talented chefs/food stylists in my past jobs, I always try to whip up (hopefully delicious) stuff that looks decent, too. Haha.

Today, I made an easy dessert-type of merienda for lola: chocolate-covered bananas!




What I did was melt about 15 Goya Chocolate Cubes (local chocolate) by placing a small bowl inside a bigger bowl with hot water. Then, I threw in the chocolate cubes and moved them around a bit until melted. After that, I sliced two bananas into 3 parts, and dipped one end onto the melted chocolate. I set the chocolate-dipped banana pieces on a plate. Finally, I sprinkled a bit of cinnamon and powdered sugar on them, et voila!

I wonder how they'd jazz this kind of dessert up in Paris... I'd like to think they'd sprinkle bits of crushed macarons on top of the chocolate. Or cherry syrup. Yum! :)

Comments

  1. And I was craving for chocolate pa naman today -- why do I live so far from you!??! I should try the Goya method sometime. Quick fix! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Go North sometime, and I'll make some of these for you! :D Plus, we can hang out at Mr. Kebab (or another "uniquely QC" resto), too. :D Let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay naku. There are so many places in Timog and Teacher's Village that I want to try out! It's just too far haha. I'll see what I can do about going north sometime this October... before I go back home to Aklan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I also want to check out this Mexican resto in Teacher's Village, called Cocina Juan... tara, let's give it a try! Their menu looks interesting. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts