Aftermath

I apologize for the lack of posts.


My country has just been hit by Tropical Storm Ketsana (or Ondoy, as it's called here), and everybody is starting to get back up only now. And as I type these words, there are still people trapped in their homes ravaged by flood waters. There still are missing persons. The following photos (taken by various people) show only a small fraction of the damage done by the storm to the Philippines.


 
 








Now, another super typhoon is approaching. We're only starting to recover from this calamity, and yet, another storm is coming.

It's pretty alarming, this thing that's happening to the Philippines world. Even in Vietnam, Indonesia, Samoa, Atlanta and Laos, people have suffered because of typhoons and earthquakes. But, as terrifying as the events were during this past weekend, I think I'd choose to want to remember all of it. I want to never forget what we humans have been doing to the earth, and I want to remember that I have a responsibility with Mother Nature.

Comments

Popular Posts