A Little Bit of Japan

No, I did not go to Japan.

But V and I brought Japan to Manila a few days ago. *wink wink*

Since it's been quite stressful lately, we decided to walk around Tomas Morato for "couples" (bottles of beer). And then, we remembered: MusicMatch. And so, we had beer at MusicMatch, a karaoke joint. And we spent two hours just belting out to whatever song we wanted to sing. Even Ke$ha's Tik-Tok and Lady Gaga's Bad Romance. Haha. We thought we were gonna get tired after two hours of singing, but after our time was up, we realized it was still not enough. We left the place, feeling much more relaxed, and a bit hungry.

So we walked again, and saw this new Japanese pizza place, just beside Kopi Roti, called OctoBoy. It was just about to close when we got there, but the owner was gracious enough to let us in as their last customers for the day. I've never tried Japanese sizzling pizza (or okonomiyaki, as they say it), so I was pretty excited to sink my teeth into it. We ordered the mushroom pizza.

Well, the "pizza" arrived, and it smelled really good. It also kinda looked like an omelette with a lot of chopped greens on top. Looking closer, though, it actually is made from the same batter as takoyaki octopus balls (which I find incredibly delicious, but need to avoid for personal reasons haha). I loved how it tasted, and its texture was great. V and I promised each other to go back to sample their beef pizza. :) I wanted to share some photos, but I'm having trouble transferring photos from my phone to the PC. Oh well. Photos next time.


Hey. Speaking of Japan, I just found out---from a friend's Facebook post--- that MUJI has already opened here in Manila! Woohoo, now I don't have to wait to go to Hong Kong or Singapore or Japan to satisfy my need for their yummy Codfish and Gorgonzola Cheese snack things, or their smooth-writing pens. Hehe. Whee!

It's first branch here is located in the upscale Bonifacio Global City, above the Gap store. I can't wait to pay the store a visit! Hehe. Their store just... relaxes me. Maybe it's the way their products are organized. Anyhoo, if they allow photos in the Manila store, I shall post some in the future. Hehe.

Comments

Popular Posts