SM Megamall + Pufft Marshmallows + Sunnies Cafe

Because yesterday was a holiday, V thought about getting new containers for some home organizing. So we drove off to SM Megamall. Thankfully, the EDSA traffic was bearable, and we arrived at the mall in about 30 minutes.

I checked out the new Baby Company store in Mega A, and though the stuff they had there were the same as the ones you'd find in the department store, the store itself was well-lit, and had fewer people. Munchkin even enjoyed interacting with a saleslady there.

After that, V and I went to the department store to purchase socks for Munchkin, as all his socks were still in the laundry. Haha. Then, as V checked out containers at the home section, I did a quick round at the beauty section, since I was thinking of buying face powder for myself (I didn't, I chickened out haha).

After that, we met with Big Sis, and walked to Uniqlo to just check out their baby and ladies clothing. V decided to dump the containers in the car, so while we waited, I tried the "artisanal" marshmallows at the Pufft stall. Their huge mallows were sold at PHP 50 a piece, but they also offered bite-sized packs of your choice of flavors at PHP 100 for a baker's dozen. And because my sweet tooth wanted to try most of the flavors, I got the PHP 100 pack. I got the following flavors: chocolate, vanilla, mint choco chip, salted caramel, dulce de leche (for Big Sis), Nutella, rose lychee almond, and honeycomb. I thought the most flavorful of the bunch was the lychee one, followed by the chocolate, and the mint chocolate one. It was okay to be able to try it, but I probably won't buy again, as they were a bit too sweet.

Then we had dinner at Sunnies Cafe at the second level of the Atrium. I had the Honey Garlic Fried Chicken (PHP 290), V got the Salmon Poke Quinoa Salad (PHP 280), and Big Sis ordered the Pot Roast Short Rib (PHP 380). Then, we also got a bowl of their Tomato Creme Soup (PHP 120) just so Munchkin would have something "soupy" to eat, since he loves trying grown-up food (we just mixed some of my cilantro lime rice with the soup haha).



V and Big Sis were able to document their meals when their food arrived, but because Munchkin was sleeping on my chest (in his I-Angel) when my food was served, I failed to take a photo of mine (sorry). V and Big Sis started with their food already before my chicken arrived at the table, and I was able to taste the salad. I thought it was good, actually.

My chicken was alright, although leaning towards meh. I mean, the chicken was cooked perfectly, super tender. I could "fork-slice" a chunk off with with just one hand, no sweat. There were crispy parts on the skin, too, which was enjoyable. But I didn't taste much of the glaze. And when I did, it didn't really wow me. It was like a mixture of very mild honey and vinegar and I guess soy sauce. My chicken came with pickles, which complemented it, and cilantro lime rice. The rice was disappointing. There was no cilantro in it, no lime as well. But it had a super light yellow-green tint to it. Some of the rice were rather firm, too, clumped up like it had been sitting in the kitchen for quite a bit.

The soup that we ordered for Munchkin was also blah. It just straight up tasted like canned tomato sauce, with a little "cream" drizzled on it. Sweet and sour, and that's it. I wouldn't order that again.

Big Sis initially loved her pot roast, especially the pickled bell peppers that it came with. But then she said that it had a cloying factor to it. Maybe it was the roasted bone marrow, or the dish getting cold as she ate it, but she said she wouldn't order it again, as well.

The servers were polite, so that's a plus. But I think it'll be quite a while before we dine there again... especially since I found out that SaladStop! is opening a branch in Megamall soon.

Comments

Popular Posts