4D Bloopers and More Tests

Ultrasound done!

We had it during the last week of July, and there was an ongoing promo for the hospital's 4D ultrasound.

Truth be told, V and I didn't really want to avail of the promo. Sure, we'll have a free 4D image of Burger. But we were trying to avoid "exposing" Burger to the sound waves from the ultrasound. I don't know if there's an extra surge of waves when they turn the 4D thing on, but hey. Better to err on the safe side when it comes to the little one, right?

Also, we were trying to avoid finding out what Burger's gender is. But the sonologist's remarks were a dead giveaway, that we think we know the gender already (gee, thanks, doc).

So anyway, the sonologist spent about 20 minutes probing my belly. We saw the images on-screen, and he reported the following:
- my amniotic fluid level was normal
- baby is active
- placenta is high-lying (in a good position)
- umbilical cord has 3 vessels, which is good
- overall good impression, except for the femur length, which he said was a bit short

And then, he suddenly switched the monitor to the 4D! We saw the sweetest image ever: Burger, with his/her arm semi-covering the face. Like Dracula. Hahah. :p We also saw him/her sort of wiggle his/her fingers ever so gently, I could've sworn Burger was waving at us! Burger seemed so calm and content inside, I couldn't help but smile.

We got 2 copies of the 4D image, free! Haha

Showing the ultrasound report to my OB, we found out that Burger's size is still a tad small that the gestational age. And my urinalysis report isn't so good, either, so I still have to take another set of tests: urine culture and THS, which is thyroid-stimulating hormone test. That is to determine if I have a thyroid problem.

So, yep... I just gotta hope for the best and pray.
In the meantime, I'll just stare at Burger's free 4D photo to relax me. :)



Comments

Popular Posts