Secret Santa 2013 Glamourbox!


My goodness, I can't believe it's December already! 

Last month had been such a hectic month, with us helping out with with two wedding preps and entertaining visiting relatives. We also made a pahabol trip to the beach (finally! beach trip this year! wooo!) 

After a toxic day at work yesterday, I came home to a pleasant surprise: my first ever Glamourbox! Yay! I was hoping it would arrive before my cousin's wedding, but some samples were delayed, I think. 

Anyway, I was excited when I saw the huge Xend package on our table last night, so I ripped the plastic open and pulled out one of the kraft boxes that housed the prettier Glamurboxes (I ordered 2 for this month---one for me, and the other for my sister). 

The Secret Santa box was a tad bit heavy, which meant that it either had a lot of items in it, or it had big samples. 

Here are a few "unboxing" photos. Enjoy!


Hello, Glamourbox!

Lid off. Peek-a-boo, Secret Santa postcard!

Ooh, goodies!

Among all the items in the box, my favorite is the Holika Holika Pure Mellow Puff Makeup Sponge---mainly because I don't own a lot of face makeup brushes. The packaging looks a lot like Too Cool For School's own Marshmallow Puff. I'm excited to use it for my brother's wedding this Saturday!

I got a huge bottle of The Cream Factory bath cream, in Goat's Milk and Yogurt. I love the mild scent. I've yet to use it, though. 

Another thing that was in the box was a full-sized bottle of Avon Only Imagine perfume. How girly is that bottle?! It's got a green apple scent, which, I guess, is like DKNY's Be Delicious perfume. As I prefer simpler, baby cologne-type scents, I still am unsure of whether I'd use this in the future or not. 

Next is a sample tub of Strip It! Sugaring Wax, with wooden spatula and cloth strips. Will share this with my sister, because her box didn't have it. Anyway, I'm sure the tub would be enough for about 4 uses. I just hope I don't wreck my skin when I pull the wax off. Hahah. 

Next, a kitchen fragrance thingy from Zen Zest. The one I got is in Choco Capuccinno. When I took a whiff of it off the bottle, I didn't quite like the scent. It was a tad too strong for me. But I'll try to give it a try by spraying; maybe that will diffuse the scent and make it a bit milder? But for perfumes and fragrances, I really just like the milder, a bit powdery scents more than "baked goodies" or super fruity scents.


I got a tiny sample of Face 2 Change CC Cream. If the color matches my skin, I might use it for the wedding on Saturday. :) I don't know why, but I really enjoy getting small items. I guess I find them cuter, with the miniature packaging and all. Haha.

I also found sachet samples of Paula's Choice exfoliant and mousturizer. I love that my box had these, since my skin is rebelling against me right now. I do hope the exfoliant would do wonders on my face, since it has 8% AHA and glycolic acid. 

The box also had a pendant necklace from Fabulosa. Honestly, I didn't like the necklace, because I usually don't wear jewelry. And when I do, it's just a bit of pearls, or studs. So, this might end up as a present… dunno yet.

Lastly, the box had two discount coupons: one from Strip It! and the other from Fabulosa. 


Checking the backside of the postcard, I was given an idea as to how much the regular-sized products cost. I'm sure these samples cost way less than the regular-sized ones, so I tried calculating based on the sample sizes. 


Anyway, the contents of the 2013 SECRET SANTA GLAMOURBOX!

- Holika Holika Pure Mellow Puff            Php    180
- The Cream Factory bath cream               Php    267
- Avon Only Imagine perfume                  Php 1,500 
- Strip It! Sugaring Wax sample tub          Php    130
- ZenZest Kitchen Fragrance                    Php    250
- Face 2 Change CC Cream                      Php 
- Paula's Choice sachet - exfoliant            Php 
- Paula's Choice sachet - moisturizer        Php 
- Fabulosa pendant necklace                     Php 
- Strip It! and Fabulosa discount vouchers
____________________________________________________
TOTAL                                                    Php 2,327  


Not bad! 

Overall, I think I'll be using most of the products I received from the Secret Santa Glamourbox... although for the next box, I would like to see more lippies and perhaps some soap? Well, since it's the holidays, here's my wishlist for the next Glamourbox:

- Mustela products
- some face oils
- a cream or stick blush
- Benefit products
- Snoe products



Comments

Popular Posts