Le Petit Artisan

During one of our *rare* drives (V has had his license renewed after almost 3 years, finally) to Serendra, we chanced upon this bakery called Le Petit Artisan.


They were almost closing when we got there, but we still managed to get some of their baked goods. I loved the French quotes on the wall, as well as the organic window illustrations. The overall feel of the whole store was very European; I felt as if I was really in a bakery in Paris... at least the ones I see in movies. Hee.


Some shots of the store's interior. For someone who's happy with the usual pan de sal and American loaf, I thought they had a lot of kinds of bread---from sourdough to the more exotic-looking charcoal loaf. Of course, they also had pastries and sweet stuff.


I had an eclair, while V opted for some green tea mochi buns. I found the eclair a bit tough and crumbly, maybe because it wasn't as fresh (they were, after all, almost closing). Nonetheless, the filling tasted good, not too sweet.

The mochi buns were interesting. I thought they were like the sticky Japanese mochi balls. Upon closer inspection, though, I learned that they weren't the sticky kind. These green tea mochi buns were big and chewy, and I wasn't sure if the inside had filling, or it was just a softer core. I found them a bit bland, but V says he liked them.


Not quite sure if it was fair that we went there near closing time, perhaps they were just getting rid of all the baked pastries of the day. But I'd love to give this bakery another chance, and visit at an earlier time. Hopefully I'd have a much better piece of eclair then.

Comments

Popular Posts